Friday, October 5, 2007

Welcome to Texas




So, we, me, sean, ben and paul, ventured out to the city last night. We took the light rail in and headed to a concert. We saw Low. They are one of sean's favorite bands. As we sat in the DART, as they call it, we made frequent stops. On one of these stops, we the tran picked up a small wrinkly old man. He walked awkwardly sideways down the isle to find a seat. It was about 3 seconds after he passed that we all looked at each other, trying not to laugh or gag. I think it is safe to say that this man has not showered in a year or two. Imagine the absolute worst body odor smell and magnify it by about 50. This is not an exaggeration! Our noses might as well have been shoved in his sweat glads. Typically in a case like this the smell will pass with the person. Not true here, it hung heavy. Paul had some deoterant in his bag, so i put some on my arm so that i could breath into it! Those of you who know me well know that i have an extreamly sensitive nose. It was horrible. We finally figured out that we could exit and get on another car. So... welcome to Texas...? Ever been in a situation like this?

Also, I put some pics of the house and the concert up. The house is small, we don't usually like to put books on display, but there is no other space for them, it works. I'm not crazy about our place but we will be out in March. I haven't put much effort in making it look great. My picture of the city skyline didn't quite turn out, but i thouht it looks kinda cool.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

looks great! (books and all) Whats that painting above the couch?--the trunk looks nice, too! does you mom like it there? :)

Kate Thomas. said...

ginger, i didn't want to paint the wall, so i baught the biggest afordable canvas and did a quick abstract. I i wanted warm colors in the room.

Judy said...

Did you ever think maybe it was your upper lip that was stinky & not that poor, innocent old man? Huh?

Jennifer said...

Um, I have what I lovingly refer to as a "pregnancy nose". My sense of smell has intensified 10 fold. It's like I can smell everything, the good, the bad, and the disgusting. The kids diapers don't just reek, they absolutely can make me want to pass out. But the smell of certain foods makes me salivate literally. Others make me want to throw up. If I was like this all the time I don't know what I'd do.

One time (while I was pregnant with Libby) Mike and I were on a subway in Paris, and someone had thrown up. This was after I had thrown up on the Louvre! It was a horrible smell day for me!!!

I am glad you didn't pass out!

Love,

JL